Friday, August 11, 2006

My List

I am not a forward person but since asked I will answer.

1. One book that changed your life: God Came Near by Max Lucado

2. One book that you've read more than once: The Amber Chronicles by Roger Zelazny

3. One book you'd want on a desert island: Socio-Rhetorical Commentary series from Ben Witherington III

4. One book that made you laugh: The Time warp Trio by Jon Scieszka

5. One book that made you cry: No Wonder They Call Him the Savior by Max Lucado

6. One book you wish had been written: Why We Should Avoid Labels and In Words

7. One book you wish had never been written: Questions and Answers by Guy N. Woods

8. One book you're currently reading: called to Counsel John R. Cheydleur

9. One book you've been meaning to read: Pilgrim Heart by Darryl Tippins

One thing that struck me doing the list was how much Max Lucado impacted my journey. I have not read a Max Lucado book in years. I own a lot of them but I rarely read them. When I was a new Christ-follower his books really blessed me. He was a wonderful writer who helped me embrace Christ and grace. It is a good reminder that I may have outgrown his books but I can never forget his impact.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wade Tannehill said...

Darin,

Regardless of the "labels" people apply to Lucado, his impact for Christ cannot be ignored. He has helped a lot of people in their spiritual formation (including me), which is what really matters.

I've especially enjoyed seeing everyone's response to the book that changed their life and the one they wish had never been written.

Lists like this are helpful to me as I reflect on what I'm reading and what I might should be reading.

Thanks for participating.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Darin L. Hamm said...

I agree Wade which is why I'm glad you asked and I answered.

I also found out that I was reading some books that I didn't really enjoy just to say I read them.

Thanks for asking.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

BW's books are very good aren't they.

We do read some of the same books I can see.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

9:03 PM  
Blogger Darin L. Hamm said...

Bobby,

You mean The Time warp Trio by Jon Scieszka? My son loves the series.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was your reason for saying that you wish the book by Guy N. Woods had never been written?

8:28 AM  
Blogger Darin L. Hamm said...

My latest post says it all.

Superiority

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home