Monday, November 20, 2006

Missional Done Well

Does anyone have examples of the idea of missional done well? The word seems to be the new buzz word along with Incarnation. I understand the idea and to be honest didn’t know you needed a word to be it but that is just me being smart. This just guarantees I have no friends is really what it guarantees.

Anyway, I would love to read about missional fellowships done well. This came up because recently I was reading a group who called themselves missional and yet all I could get from their site was that they watched Monday Night Football together with a Bible Study at halftime. Maybe that is missional but it seems like it means something more than that. Maybe I don’t even understand the concept.

One person who probably embodies the idea of missional incarnation is Mike Exum. I drop in from time to time on his blog to find out what he is doing. Please note I am not looking for theories or ideas or idealized speech, I want cold hard case studies.

Any other good examples? Bad examples? Buehler, Buehler?

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

The campus ministries at Bay Area church of Christ and the University City Church of Christ in Tampa, FL and Gainesville, FL are missional and do a great job. Lynn Stringfellow and Donny Dillon do a wonderful job at making sure all they do is through an "evangelism filter," that is, everything they do is purposely geared toward evangelism. They have grown tremendously.

I agree with you, there is certainly a lot of hype out there that keeps us talking about issues rather than actually doing some ministry.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Darin L. Hamm said...

Thanks for the info Matt.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Missional Jerry said...

Head on over to my blog - we are talking about this and theres some examples floating around there - try the interview with wes allen.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Darin L. Hamm said...

Thanks Missional Jerry.

Pefect timing.

I am reading Organic Church and I just finished The Way of Jesus.

Aslan is on the move.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home